Who do you know that deserves to win?
Do you know someone that has gone above and beyond to help their community over the last year? Someone who deserves to be recognized and frankly could do with a bit of a party? This Summer, The Million Gardens Movement wants to celebrate these local heroes by throwing one lucky winner the ultimate garden party worth up to $5000.
Here’s how it works:
- Nominate someone from your community who deserves to win the “Ultimate Garden Party”, tell us WHY they deserve to win, and what that party should look like.
- Use the contest form below to submit one or more of the following: text (approximately 250 words), video (max. 1 minute), and/or photos (no more than 5). You’ll also have to provide a valid email address and join the Million Gardens Movement (if you haven’t already). Don’t worry, no purchase is necessary, but we definitely have to be able to reach you if your entry is chosen as the winner.
- We’ll judge entries based on creativity, feasibility (unicorns and gold-plated BBQ’s probably won’t win) and the case you make for your super deserving party recipient.
- The winning recipient will receive an Ultimate Garden Party valued at up to $5000!
- The Ultimate Garden Party Contest is open for entries between July 14th and August 6th.
- To enter, you and the person you nominate must meet all the contest requirements and be willing to let us brag about you and your awesome garden party.
- Be sure to read the full Official Rules below.
Ultimate Garden Party Contest (The Contest) – Official Rules
(Ya, these are long, but it never hurts to read the fine print!)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and administrator. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
- The Contest is open for entries from 12:01 a.m. on July 14, 2021 until 11:59 p.m. on August 6, 2021.
- Entries will be judged from August 7, 2021 to August 9, 2021, and the winner announced on August 10, 2021. In the event that a selected winner cannot be contacted or does not meet all conditions and eligibility requirements, the winner may be announced after August 10, 2021.
- Entrants must submit an idea for the “Ultimate Garden Party”, nominate a recipient, and explain why they believe that recipient deserves to win a garden party.
- Entries must consist of one or more of the following: a short description of no more than 250 words, a video message no longer than 1 minute, and/or up to 5 photographs.
- Entries must be submitted through the Ultimate Garden Party Contest form on the Million Gardens Movement website (See: www.milliongardensmovement.org/garden-party)
- Entrants agree to join the Million Gardens Movement (if they have not previously done so) by providing a valid address. This email address will be used to contact entrants should their entry be selected as the winning entry.
- By entering The Contest, entrants certify that they have the right to use all submitted photos, videos, and text.
- Ideas submitted to The Contest are not subject to confidentiality obligations. In other words, no confidential relationship is established by Your submission or implied from consideration of the submitted materials, and the materials are not submitted “in confidence.”
- Entries, once submitted, become property of Million Gardens, Modern Farmer, and Big Green for use in future contests if so desired.
- Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (33 1/3%)
- Feasibility (33 1/3%)
- How deserving the recipient is (33 1/3%)
- In the case of a tie, preference will be given to earlier entries.
- Entries may be disqualified if they are deemed to be offensive, as determined by contest judges. Such a determination may be based one, but is not limited to, profanity, pornography, or hate speech.
- One winning entry will be chosen based on The Contest judging criteria.
- If the entrant and/or nominated recipient from the chosen entry do not meet all the conditions and eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, an alternate winning entry will be selected.
- Contest entrants will be contacted by email and are responsible for contacting the nominated recipient from their entry.
- If an entrant does not respond within 48 hours after a notification is sent, an alternate winning entry will be selected. The Million Gardens Movement is not responsible for emails that end up in spam or junk folders, poor internet or phone connections, or any other circumstances that may prevent winners from receiving notifications.
- The nominated recipient from the winning entry will receive an “Ultimate Garden Party” – valued at up to $5000 – to be held before the end of August, 2021.
- The combination of products and services that make up the “Ultimate Garden Party” will be determined by the Million Gardens Movement, at our sole discretion, inspired by the winning entry.
Conditions and Eligibility
- The chosen entrant and nominated recipient shall sign a release declaring their eligibility as stipulated in these Official Rules; agreeing that their name, image and/or voice may be used for advertising purposes related to this Contest free of charge; and releasing the Million Gardens Movement, Big Green, Modern Farmer, as well as its respective directors, officers and employees (the “Contest Parties”) from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this Contest or from the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize.
- Canadian residents must correctly answer a skill testing question in order to receive a prize.
- The winning nominated recipients must agree to provide – or to allow a Million Gardens Movement representative to take – photos and videos of the “Ultimate Garden Party” which will be used to promote the Million Gardens Movement.
- The chosen recipients must be willing and able to have an “Ultimate Garden Party” before the end of August, 2021.
- The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority, except for employees or associates of The Million Gardens Movement or affiliated organizations, and their families.
- Prizes are taxable for U.S. residents.
- The Contest Parties assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries; (ii) any breach of privacy; (iii) inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason (v) damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of visiting a website; (vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control; or (vii) prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping.