The Holiday Makeover Contest is now closed. We are contacting the contest winner and excited to announce them here soon!
Contest (The Contest) – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and administrator. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
- The Contest is open for entries from 12:01 a.m. on December 18, 2021 until 11:59 p.m. on January 9, 2022.
- Entries will be judged from January 10, 2022 to January 12, 2022, and the winner announced on January 14, 2022. In the event that a selected winner cannot be contacted or does not meet all conditions and eligibility requirements, the winner may be announced after January 14, 2022.
- Entrants must explain why their garden needs a permaculture consultations.
- Entries must consist of: a short description of no more than 250 words and/or up to 5 photographs.
- Entries must be submitted through the Holiday Garden Makeover Contest form on the Million Gardens Movement website
- Entrants agree to join the Million Gardens Movement (if they have not previously done so) by providing a valid email address. This email address will be used to contact entrants should their entry be selected as the winning entry.
- By entering The Contest, entrants certify that they have the right to use all submitted photos and text.
- Entries, once submitted, become property of Million Gardens, Modern Farmer, and Big Green for use in future contests if so desired.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Quality of text and/or photograph entry (50%)
- How deserving the recipient is (50%)
In the case of a tie, preference will be given to earlier entries.
Entries may be disqualified if they are deemed to be offensive, as determined by contest judges. Such a determination may be based one, but is not limited to, profanity, pornography, or hate speech.
- One winning entrant will be chosen based on The Contest judging criteria, and contacted by email.
- If the chosen entrant does not meet all conditions and eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, an alternate winning entrant will be selected.
- If an entrant does not respond within 48 hours after a notification is sent, an alternate winning entrant will be selected.
- The Million Gardens Movement is not responsible for emails that end up in spam or junk folders, poor internet or phone connections, or any other circumstances that may prevent winners from receiving notifications.
- The winning entrant will receive a permaculture garden consultation from Laura Marie Neubert – valued at up to $2500.
- If Laura Marie Neubert is unavailable for any reason, Million Gardens Movement will provide an alternate garden consultation of similar value.
- 3 additional runner up entrants will be selected based on The Contest judging criteria.
- All the same condition and eligibility requirements, and email notification requirement that apply to the winning entrant will also apply to runners up.
- Runners up will receive a seed care package.
- The value of the the seed care packages may increase based on sponsor support, but will not be less that $20 each.
Conditions and Eligibility
- The winning entrant and runners up shall sign a release declaring their eligibility as stipulated in these Official Rules; agreeing that their name, image and/or voice may be used for advertising purposes related to this Contest free of charge; and releasing the Million Gardens Movement, Big Green, Modern Farmer, as well as its respective directors, officers and employees (the “Contest Parties”) from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this Contest or from the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize.
- Canadian residents must correctly answer a skill testing question in order to receive a prize.
- The winning entrant must agree to allow Million Gardens Movement to record the permaculture consolation and use any recording for use on the Contest Parties website, social media, or other outreach.
- The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority, except for employees or associates of The Million Gardens Movement or affiliated organizations, and their families.
- Prizes are taxable for U.S. residents.
- The Contest Parties assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries; (ii) any breach of privacy; (iii) inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason (v) damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of visiting a website; (vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control; or (vii) prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping.